Everyday is a new adventure with this cutie patootie. He now prefers to be called "Harrison" but he will still answer to "Harry." He told me yesterday it bothers him that Harry Potter has the same name, so he would like to be called Harrison. I've also learned that he introduces himself as Harrison to people. Why is your five-year old introducing himself to people, you might ask. Well it's usually people like the Comcast guy who came to fix our internet, or random people he meets in the line at Walmart while I am self-checking out.
He is having a ball at the Monkey Tree Preschool and has made some great friends. He is really mad at me that he isn't at a second grade reading level yet. Somehow, I have failed at teaching him to read....nevermind all the "Teach Your Kid to Read in 100 Easy Lessons" I tried to force down his throat in the summertime to give him a jump on preschool.
Harry, or should I say Harrison, is becoming a sweet big brother to Baby Z who really isn't a baby anymore, and he and Luke are pretty much inseparable most of the time. They love playing with the neighbors and Harry counts down the minutes until Luke gets home from school so they can play.
I love my little muse, and I am grateful he digs getting in front of my camera for me. I have, by far, more pictures of him than either of the other kids. He also has an eye of his own and has recently taken to making mini-movies with the video function on his point-and-shoot. I sense a Flip is in order someday with him. He is so creative, he has better handwriting than his big brother, and he is as sweet as he wants to be. I always hope he wakes up on the sweet side of his bed, and most of the time he does.


No comments:
Post a Comment