Thursday, October 15, 2009

The Perfect Birthday

My 34th was pretty awesome. I woke up early, hung out with the fam a little, then I took a nap here: Yep, that's the ocean from my brother's back patio. Then we went and ate on the Malibu Pier.
I do have the best brother ever, before the day started, he presented me with a bunch of ideas to do for my birthday. I decided on the nap, lunch on the pier, surfing/boogie boarding, tide pools, and take out Thai for dinner. Yum.

My folks went to So Cal with us this trip and it was so great having the time to spend with them.
After lunch, we went boogie boarding and played on the beach - my mom has all those photos, so I will have a separate beach post later. After all that fun, Anne picked up Kieran and Asher from school and met us at the tide pools, where the kids had a ball exploring all the little creatures of the sea. Notice no Harry? He crashed in the car on the way to the tide pools, so he and grandpa had a nap in the car!

I love the ocean and it was a beautiful day to play.
I have the greatest brother ever - strangley it seems I manage to position myself in their company for my birthday often....and they always make it fantastic! Anne and Tom both rolled with whatever we wanted to do regardless of their crazy, busy lifestyle with the two teenagers and two little kids!
Exploring...
Luke fell on a little rock and scratched his leg, but he was a trooper.
King of the Rock!
The little prince of the rock!
Grandma's always good for some help with uneasy feet.
Z and Daddy had a ball with Asher on the sand.
Z thinks sand on his little toes is so funny!
Pretty girls.
Baby Z crashed on his cousin Dax that evening. What a perfect day.
Thanks Tom, Anne, Mom, Dad, Jon, and all the kiddos for making my birthday so wonderful. It really was the perfect way to spend the day.

4 comments:

Eden said...

how fun!! I still get to take you out for your birthday--NO KIDS!! (okay, or maybe kids if we need to, but we'll try for without) Looks like a fabulous birthday--how fun to have teenagers in your family and why is baby Z so cute? That open mouth laugh . . .

Devri said...

Happy Birthday girl! looks like you had a great day!

Megan B ♥ said...

Happy birthday, masa! Looks like it was truly and wonderful celebration and I'm so happy about that; you totally deserve it. Can't wait for the Disneyland update! And to get together with you in person!

sly said...

I just saw you at Rachel's for the dazzling Ruby's birthday party. It was so wonderful to see you that I just thought I would meander over to your blog and see more of you and your family. I didn't know you just had a birthday--Happy Day--and that sounds like one of the best birthdays ever. Thanks for being such a good friend to our beautiful Rachel!!