I taught the lesson in Relief Society this Sunday - lesson 42 in the Joseph Smith manual: Family, the Sweetest Union. So I thought I'd share a couple thoughts from the lesson. One of the sections is focused on the relationship between husbands and wives, and this list is basically a summary of that section. How wonderful would life be if we always followed this counsel?
13 Recommendations for a Better Marriage:
1. Love, cherish and nourish your spouse.
2. Cleave unto your spouse and none else.
3. Honor your spouse as yourself.
4. Regard your spouse's feelings with tenderness.
5. Do not act as a tyrant, fearful of losing face.
6. Turn to the scriptures for edification and the understanding for the salvation of your household.
7. Do not tease your spouse about weaknesses.
8. Let your spouse feel your kindness and tenderness.
9. Avoid quarreling with your spouse.
10. Show pure love and humility to your spouse.
11. When your spouse is troubled, meet them with a smile instead of an argument or murmuring.
12. Let kindness and charity crown your works.
13. Concentrate your faith and prayers and place confidence in your spouse, who God has given you to honor.
3 comments:
those are great points-- I think we ALL need to remind ourselves of those:) Thanks for sharing!
A marriage couldn't fail if both partners followed this advice. Great guidelines for a sweet life.
Great thoughts!!
Post a Comment