Friday, July 31, 2009

New Thought for the Blog Header

I like to change the little quote under the title on the blog every once in a while and I saw this thought on my cousin, Sari's blog. It's from the Alchemist by Paulo Coelho and it's one of those thoughts that embodies an attitude I try to have about life in general.

"When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too."

One of my volleyball coaches used to always say, "Better the ball," meaning make the play that leaves you better than how it came to you. If the serve is hard, make the pass great, if the pass isn't super, make the set great - if the set isn't wonderful, make the hit great. I've always tried to take that same instruction for life. Better whatever comes to you and make it great for the next person.

Thanks for the thought today, Sari. It got me thinking in a good direction!

1 comment:

Eden said...

That is a great thought-- I certainly needed to read that today!