Thursday, September 4, 2008

My Sick Little Guy

Luke came home from school sad and tired yesterday and developed a little fever within an hour of coming home. He ended up spending the remainder of the day on the loveseat under a blanket with the remote in hand - true to his gender. It was a pretty pitiful day for the poor little man, but he did get some rest and should be back to his energetic self in no time.

Today he is taking his first sick day home from school and although I probably could have sent him, I don't ever want to risk being "that mom" who sends her kids to school to share their germs with the class. His fever seems to have mostly broken and the energy is definitely on its way back.

I did get the "your child has an unexcused absense" call from his school, however. I'm new at this whole school kid thing. Oops. We're just concentrating on getting through the day today.

1 comment:

Devri said...

Wonder what it was, sad to tell you it will not be the last neither.... Sorry buddy, but tv, remotes, mom's attention is the best.