Friday, September 5, 2008

Teaching Moment

I have recently been working really hard to get the boys better at doing more around the house and I wish I could report more success, but it honestly hasn't gone that well. We did, however, have somewhat of a breakthrough last week. The playroom was probably the worst it has been in the year we've lived here and it was the perfect time for a teaching moment. The four of us all spent an hour in there, and Jon and I taught the boys how to organize and put things in their place, frequently reminding them to stick to the task at hand. They do need constant reminders and I think sometimes I forget that they are just little people who don't remember, listen, or understand everything we tell them to do. We are determined to teach our children the value of work in their lives and this was a nice step in the right direction.

3 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

Yay for baby steps!

am and fm said...

Isn't that the plight of parenthood...I commend you for sticking with it. I SO enjoy reading your blog Kat...even if I don't always get the chance to comment know that I am loving keeping up with you guys!

Natale said...

Oh, this sounds soooo familiar. The boys are SO CUTE!!! SO BIG!!!