Monday, August 3, 2009

Me and My Big Brother


I have ever so many posts to catch up for the summer....it was so much fun having my brother, Tom, and his family here for July. Tom and I have always been close, even though we're almost eight years apart in age. He's who got me into team sports when I was 12 and my parents were in London and I was forced to quit gymnastics for a month - thanks to mono.


With the lack of five hours of daily gym, I was bored stiff and Tom was in charge of us, so he found me a softball team to play on for the summer. The only one he could find said they needed a pitcher, so Tom said, "Great! That's exactly what position my little sister plays!" and he raced home that night to teach me how to pitch!


In high school, he worked hard to beat my dad's record of ten varsity letters, and earned 11. Seven years later, I bettered them with my 12! We've always had fun with sports and anything we could go do together and have a lot in common. Growing up, people would always tell me Tom and I were the male and female version of the same person. What do you think? Do we still look alike?

3 comments:

Martha Henderson said...

Yes, yes you do! :) Good thing you're both so darn looking. What a good big brother. Lucky girl.

Tom said...

you always have been and always will be much better looking. But I bet I can still beat you in a 40, bionics and all.

Eden said...

yes you DO look alike! that really is lucky to have your bro and his family for a whole month--siblings can never quite catch up with just a few days of visiting!