Sunday, September 6, 2009

Kat and the Tiny Peach

I have a little peach tree and like a good girl when the little peaches started to grow, I plucked them all off so the tree could be nourished....well I picked almost all of them. I left three little baby peaches to grow for the season. One blew off in a wind storm, one was a little rotten and smooshy, and one was a beautiful little peach. Yesterday I picked it. It smelled so sweet and delicious, I couldn't wait to get in the house, wash it and have it for a snack. I snapped a few quick pictures of my precious fruit and as I walked back into the kitchen I took a bite.








It was YUCKY. Maybe next year's peaches will be a little sweeter.

4 comments:

Julie Topham said...

Oh man, that's a total bummer!

am and fm said...

Despite the crummy peach it's a great picture...if we get over to Utah I would love to help with a party for your cute little boys...and we can hire you to take some family pictures!!!

Brian said...

I have a million peaches from my uncles peach orchard in brigham city. Want some? I've been canning all day and I can't seem to get to the bottom of the box.

The Hytes said...

btw, I guess I was signed is as Brian when I commented. :)