Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Afterschool Poll

I want to know what all you moms do with the afterschool routine. Do you do jobs first, then play, then homework/reading, or do you dive right into the homework first? What works for YOU?

THANKS!

6 comments:

Angee said...

Homework first. Totally. I've found that if it doesn't get done before play, it doesn't get down. However, reading right before bed is a nice relax tactic I use.

I'd say you're getting old with a first grader but that would make me really old with an 8th grader...

Amy said...

homework first :)

laura said...

ooh, thanks for the poll. I've been trying to reorganize our afterschool time! As for the Tri...which one are you doing in November? I'll do it with you!

The Hytes said...

snack then homework. I know you're on early schedule, but I make Ella clean her room before school.

ShayJ said...

We do homework first as well. If we don't it's a big fight in the evening and then everyone is all worked up before bedtime and it delays our bedtime too.

Eden said...

I can't figure it out either--is it better to let them have a little down time first? probably, but then you can't get them back into concentration mode--I don't know