Friday, January 23, 2009

Six Things about the Six Year Old

As a little tribute to our special birthday boy, I thought I would write six little facts about the Lukester:

1. His favorite color is BLACK. I have no idea what was his inspiration for that, but it's been that way for quite a while.

2. He obsesses over the Oriental Trading catalogue. Needless to say, Partyland is a dream for him.

3. He takes about 15 toys to bed with him every night. I remember my nephews at this age, and one time when I went to visit them in California, I took pictures of their little nests in their bunks. I need to document Luke's collection too!

4. He's quite the peacemaker, especially when he's the one in trouble. Jon often tells a story about a Thanksgiving when 8-months pregnant I dropped the yams on the way out the door and during all the commotion and stress, almost three-year-old Luke was screaming in the car. Jon went out and yelled for him to stop, right in his little face, and all he did was look at Jon and say, "I just wanna hold you, dad." He still has the ability to melt our hearts- most of the time!

5. He is a chatterbox and has been since about 15 months old. Enough said. Seriously.

6. He is a super duper big brother and a great help to mom and dad, especially since we had baby. Thanks little man and I hope you have an awesome birthday and a fun year as a super cool six year old!

4 comments:

Chandra said...

6!!!!??? Oh my goodness! In 10 years he will be driving! Oh he is sooo handsome! Happy Birthday Luke!

am and fm said...

Happy birthday Luke...you sound like such a great kid!! Hope your day is amazing!

Shauna B. said...

What a sweetheart! I hope Luke had a great B-day!

Jenny said...

I love the 6 things about the 6 yr old. I also loved the black balloons at his party :)