Seven years ago, our lives changed. We became parents to one of the sweetest, most thoughtful little boys ever. He's always been a little unconventional - flipping breech in my 39th week of pregnancy, causing me to start down the road of c-sections. He had some of the funniest tricks I've ever seen with a baby, like his rolled tongue smile and his silly kissy face. He still has such a silly sense of humor. Although he does drive me bonkers sometimes, I wouldn't trade anything for my sweet little man. For tradition sake, here are seven things I love about my little Lukester:
1. His seven-year-old toothless smile is SO contagious and genuine. Nothing makes him flash it more than getting to see his cousins.
2. I love his deep blue denim eyes. All three of my boys got their dad's blue eyes and I love it. Luke's are the bluest right now, and it's possible to get lost in them!
3. I love how thoughtful Luke can be. Lately, it's been all about him more, but when he is thinking of others, I don't think there is anyone sweeter.
4. He is a GREAT big brother. He shares his cool toys with Harry and always makes Z giggle. Each morning Z gets his little Luke fix and it makes us all happy.
5. Luke is super smart. He loves to read and he remembers EVERYTHING, which reminds me a lot of his cousin Dax. He loves learning random facts...ask him what pi is sometime.
6. I know I'm going to jinx myself for this one, but I love that Luke is FINALLY a good sleeper.
7. Finally, I love Luke's thirst for the Gospel. He is always asking questions about what is right and why we believe the way we do. He loves family home evening, reading scriptures, and always remembers to pray for his Uncle Steve on his mission. He'll be a great missionary someday - too soon for me I'm sure!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY LUKE! We love you SO much!
4 comments:
Wow...a seven year old...how fun! Happy Birthday Luke...can't believe you are seven and I have yet to meet you. That is a bummer...maybe this summer:) You guys have super cute little boys!!
Happy birthday, big guy!
I love that his sense of humor right now involves knock-knock jokes. (7-ate-9)
Hope your little guy had a great birthday! He sure is a doll!
Post a Comment