I've been really bad at blogging lately and thought it was time for a little update. It's been a busy month and I've been putting off blogging because I didn't want to just document all my complaining of the last month of pregnancy. Those of you who know me pregnant, know that me and my pregnant body just don't get along. I'm pukey practically the whole time and since about 20 weeks, my back has been killing me. Among the other common uncomforts of pregnancy, I'm probably not the funnest or nicest person to be around and to my loved ones I apologize!
Aside from the ever-growing list of things that need to happen before the baby comes, (Oh yeah, and Harry's birthday next week and that big holiday approaching) I seem to be getting a some stuff done. I finished my quilt this week, and the nursery is mostly put together. I'll get pictures up once the final touches are in. We lost our crib hardware in the move to this house, so a friend in the ward loaned me hers for the time being. That was one major stress off the table. And my sweet sister is lending me her cradle since our bassinet fell apart while Harry was tiny. (It was the one I used as an infant and one day, it was just done.)
To add to the mayhem of getting ready for Christmas, new baby, and Harrison's birthday on the 19th, we've had more minor mice issues and I don't think anyone in the state has a cleaner under-the-sink and pantry than mine, but I am so over the stinking little rodents. We've only ever killed/found two, but we have seen signs and enough poison has been consumed that I'm sure there were, and I use the past tense loosely, more.
Monday I spent a chunk of the day at the hospital in "false labor." You'd think at 37 weeks and some change, there wouldn't be such a thing, but I managed to have labor pains that made absolutely no progress. It turns out I had a bladder infection which can cause the uterus to be extremely irritable and mimic labor. I was actually very relieved to know something was wrong, since I've always had the fear of being that girl who goes into the hospital with what she thinks is labor and repeatedly gets sent home.
We're all excited for what the next little while brings our little growing family and I have resigned myself to the fact that I won't actually be able to accomplish everything I want to before little boy #3 arrives. I have also resigned myself to the fact that he will not be arriving until his scheduled date - December 22. And I really am OK with it. I just wanted one or two days earlier, so I could be at home for Christmas Eve and Christmas morning.
Jon is preparing for his photo-documentation of the boys for the times I will miss and I am sure I'll be snapping away hundreds of photos in the hospital of the new one. My folks are planning on hanging out with me and I really appreciate them for that. I also appreciate Jon's family for moving Christmas Eve to Jenny's so it's easier for Jon and the boys to get there and home, and juggling their time with me in the hospital.
We truly feel blessed this time of year and as we approach so many changes, we are excited to see what 2009 brings our little family of five.
No comments:
Post a Comment