Thursday, December 4, 2008

14-day walk with Christ

We did an activity this week for Young Women that I want to share. There are many versions of this online, but the one I chose is from Bev's Country Cottage. The cute scrapbook papers and elements are from a fabulous designer, Summer Driggs. I designed a card for each day, punched a hole in the corners and put them on a binder ring so the girls can toss 'em in their backpacks or purses and pull them out whenever they have a spare minute.
Everyday there is a question, a few scriptures to read, and a ponder/journal assignment. With everything that is going on during this time of year, we often tend to lose focus on the real reason for the season - the Savior. My hope is that our Laurels and us leaders strengthen our testimonies this next couple weeks. For the Christmas lesson, we're going to wrap this up and share our feelings of the experience.
You might need to click on the images to see them, and feel free to print them for yourself if you want. Happy December from me!

7 comments:

Chandra said...

Wow! This is amazing! Thank you so much for sharing! I'm gonna totally love this!

Devri said...

I am totally stealing this, you know me too well.. thanks

Kat said...

hey - the pictures were having issues, but i re-uploaded them and you can enlarge them by clicking on them now. they are approximately 8x8 at 300 dpi for those of you who care. :)

Shauna B. said...

What a cute idea for your girl's! Thanks for the reminder about the reason for the season! I've found that I've already put scripture study off so that I can get Christmas stuff done! Oops.

ShayJ said...

This is a really cool idea and I'm stealing it too. Thanks so much for sharing this. It's so awesome!

Julie Topham said...

Thanks so much for sharing those! They are really cute.

Beckie said...

You did such a great job - I've seen these done but not as nicely as yours! Your laurels are lucky to have you... and aren't you due any minute?!?! Stop making us all look bad! :)

(ps I need to know the name of your awesome font!)