Thursday, March 5, 2009

10-Minute Trainer

I have to share our latest fitness fad. Jon and I used some Christmas money from his folks to try to get ourselves back in shape. We bought the 10-minute Trainer with Tony Horton. He's the same trainer as the intense P90x program we've done in the past. Because I went from sick with Mono to sick with pregnant last year, I am in the worst shape of my three pregnancies and I needed something a little less intense than the hour-long high intensity of P90x.

We started the workouts a couple weeks ago and I am really enjoying them, but the best thing so far is what we started last Thursday. With the program comes this "Lean Jean Plan" and by eating a low-calorie-low-carb diet for ten days, you're supposed to drop a jean size. I am the ultimate skeptic because I don't lose a pound while I am breastfeeding, and I have tried EVERYTHING. I really didn't expect anything to work for me, but it was worth a shot.

I'm seven days into the diet and exercise program today and am elated to report a SIX POUND LOSS! I still have like 25 to go, but even one pound is a major victory with me during the first few months after baby. And the best part is we're eating REALLY healthy and we'll just add more healthy calories after the ten days.

5 comments:

BriAnna Jenkins said...

That is so great! I need to get something like that...

Irina Cline said...

I'm excited! For you mostly... can't really try it myself yet, but some day. 10 minutes sounds like something I can do! So how much did you pay for it?

am and fm said...

That is great!! I am inspired...I still have lot of "baby" weight and she is 2.5 ahhhh:) Good luck!

Shauna B. said...

You're looking great by the way! You looked really skinny at Enrichment. And thanks for taking pictures!

Megan B ♥ said...

I'm so impressed! I really need some motivation...