Friday, June 5, 2009

All Over the Place

I haven't been as good of a blogger as I should lately. Summer came up and bit me by surprise and suddenly, yard work, kids activities, baby, dog, laundry, dishes, cleaning, and dieting are making me feel a little scattered. We have an enormous pile of "pooh dirt" on the street that I have been attacking for the last couple days, weeds are choking me and everything in the yard, the garden needs some attention, Jon and I are attacking the weight loss issue, and don't even talk to me about dishes or laundry!

I wouldn't give up anything on my plate; I guess I just need to find a better balance. I find myself looking for the daily little victories, like making the kitchen look good or losing a pound or two, or looking to the little things that make me so happy. Tuesday I visited a friend and our kids had a marvelous marathon play date. It was a great day! My sister and I got together a couple nights this week, which doesn't happen nearly as often as it should. And yesterday another good friend came by to visit with her little girl. Seeing people I care about really brings me joy.

I have a full list today with some photo-editing from a shoot a few days ago, grocery shopping, yard work, laundry, laundry, and more laundry. I just might drop all of it and go see a friend.

4 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

It was sooooo fun to see you! And it was great that our kids got along so well.

Amy said...

you'll catch up- eventually. it has been fun getting to hang out with you while the bigs were gone.

Eden said...

pick me! drop your dishes and lets get together!

lori parkhurst said...

I agree! Drop it all and go see a friend! I feel for you!