Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Visit with an old Friend

More than ten years ago two crazy, hardworking sister missionaries were sick and homebound in Riga and in their delerium decided to stuff their dresses with pillows to see what they would look like pregnant. One wrote "5-year projection" on the back of the photo (yeah I was on my mission when cameras still used FILM!) and sent it home. Sure enough, both young ladies were pregnant with their first kids five years later.

I have come across that photo many times since and set it aside so I wouldn't lose it. Unfortunately, I can't find it. I do, however, have the negatives and may just have to get another one printed.

It's been way too long since Megan and I have seen each other and we had a fantastic visit a few weeks ago. She made a fabulous lunch and I failed to tell her in advance that Jon had just started a very strict diet/detox and I watched her enjoy a yummy-looking chicken, artichoke, and quinoa salad. We both now have three little kiddos at home - one of her dear twins returned to heaven after being born at 28 weeks. The kids played marvelously and we spent the day catching up.

Of course, I snapped just a few casual shots of sweet little Crew - who is technically six weeks older than my little Z, and weighs all of 10 pounds. The last time I saw him was in the hospital at a whopping two pounds, so he looked so huge and healthy to me. Thanks, mana masa for the visit. We need to do it again soon!

My 18-pound hunk with his little buddy, Crew. I love the look on Crew's face!

Megan and her little miracle

Sweet, baby Crew.

3 comments:

Amanda said...

You made me homesick for Riga! That's where I spent the majority of my mission. Glad you got to enjoy her company!

Irina Cline said...

I totally remember that picture! You're a great photographer, KAT! I love the CU of Crew. His eyes are stunning! Megan, if you're reading this you look fabulous! I need to come visit you too :)

Megan B ♥ said...

I saw this before and thought I commented! It was so fun to have you! And I decided in the end that I don't like artichokes after all.... I'm strictly and avocado kind of gal. I can't wait to live closer to you! What a trip, can you believe it?