I've considered myself a student of Photoshop for years, especially the past three or four since I have been doing cards and invitations for people. But just recently have I really immersed myself with its photo editing capabilities, and I am still only scratching the surface. My mom is my best tutor and critic, and my brother shoots a trick my way when he can, and I think I am getting pretty comfortable with the program. These actions rock though...people sell this stuff for hundreds of dollars and while there is usually a little tweaking to do, the photos generally look great instantly. Here are some samples from a picture I swiped from my sister's blog.
Here's our little crabby cake giving me his goofy face. Jon actually prefers the original with its softness. I could go either way, depending on how it looks printed.
And here's her black and white and I messed around with the opacity of the bw layer to bring back a little color - so fun!
And one last one of precious Ivy. This is the vintage action then a little "boost." Gotta love that smile!
2 comments:
Those are very cool! Alas, I can't figure out how to import the actions that I bought a few months ago! It doesn't work in Elements (at least MINE) the way all the tutorials say!!! Grrr!!!
i am so glad you posted something about this. I don't know half the stuff photoshop can do. I got it for Mother's Day though but I got it just so I could do blog banners and stuff. Silly, I know. So you will have to educate me on the wonders of photoshop!
Post a Comment