So, killing the innocent little worm the other day has opened a whole new world for my sweet little Harrison. Apparently, he remembers Luke said something about killing and nature and for the last couple days, as we drive, Harry talks about killing various things in nature. On the way to the store yesterday, the conversation went something like this:
"Mama, I kill worms."
"Yep, but it's not nice to kill worms, is it?"
Luke pipes in, "Yeah Harry, the only bugs we can smoosh are spiders and flies, no worms."
"I smoosh butterflies, and kill trees, and birds, and houses."
"No Harry, we don't talk about killing things."
"I kill nature."
I gave up. This wasn't working out as a teaching moment. We'll try again another day.
2 comments:
LOL, I've had moments like those :)
I found you- hee hee. But anyway don't you just love little boys and the crazy things they come up with. I love it!
Post a Comment