I saw this quote on my friend Chandra's blog and it touched me. I have many many journals up until the point when I had kids, and then it just got really hard for me to make time to write in a journal for some reason. Every time I set goals for myself, be it New Year's or just weekly/monthly things I need to improve, writing in my journal is always at the top of the list.
I do still have a journal that I write in once in a while, things I don't necessarily feel like sharing with the world, but since I have started blogging (thanks Megan!) I haven't felt like a total failure of a journal-keeper. So here it is, the reason why I blog...
President Gordon B. Hinckley: "You will have significant experiences. I hope that you will write them down and keep a record of them, that you will read them from time to time and refresh your memory of these meaningful, significant things. Some of them may be funny. Some may be of significance only to you. Some of them may be sacred and quietly beautiful. Some may build one upon another until they represent a lifetime of special experience."
2 comments:
Love it! Stealing it!
Thanks Kat! I found that quote on a friends blog and had to steal if from her too. It is amazing and while I dont write in a journal I think this blogging thing is even better! I love to do it and I have pictures and I know my children will love to look at it someday (I hear you can make a book out of your blog... maybe we should get your brother to figure out how we can do that...)
Post a Comment