This last weekend was filled with all kinds of family fun. Jon's brother Rob and his wife Nicole came to visit us from Cali and we all managed to make our schedules match for some fun family times. We missed the big post-airport arrival and dinner from Ab's in West Valley (GREAT burgers if you're ever out in WVC wondering what to eat), but we did join up for the next few days. Jon's dad generously took us all to Texas Roadhouse for a yummy dinner and I embarassed the entire table when I got a "to go" container and dumped the whole bucket of peanuts in. Hey, the boys were loving them, so how could I resist?
We then went bowling and had a blast. Yours truly managed to squeak out a 170 for the high score of the night, almost a personal best. I did take a picture for proof, I'll post it when I get it from Em. The boys had fun but got a little freaked when the lights went out for the psychedelic bowling with disco balls and stuff, but it worked out ok.
Luke had his first T-ball game on Saturday and Grandpa Louie and Daddy also came to watch. I will take pictures, but wanted to give him some time to get used to the game. The kids were very cute and a little timid. I am sure that will change as the season progresses. I'm still trying to convince Luke that because mommy played college softball, she does know a little about t-ball. He's not so sure, so we'll let daddy and grandpa teach him for now. I think someday he'll realize mom really can throw and catch, and might be able to teach him a thing or two about hitting!
Saturday afternoon we headed up to Kaysville for more fun family festivites. We mostly played Rockband and MarioKart and some joined in a game of Settlers of Catan. We slept over and stayed up way too late and slept in Sunday morning. I have to admit it was nice to wake up to the boys playing upstairs with Grandma and not in my lap wanting to watch Little Einsteins and drink chocolate milk!
We all went to church together and the kids did great as visitors. Doug and Kathy had their new building dedication so they went to that while the rest of us played more games. We then ate a yummy dinner, had a little FHE and headed home.
It was a great weekend and so fun to see everyone and spend some time together. I guess it was as close as we'll get this year to a family vacation together. It was the first time since Emily's wedding in September that all six siblings were together and with five spouses and our two kids, we were quite a group! Thanks everyone for a fun weekend. See you all at Christmas!
2 comments:
That sounds fun and busy! Glad you were able to sleep in a little on Sunday, aren't grandmas the best that way??? Oh, and I ALWAYS embarass the other side of the family with my to-go boxes, hucking everything in for later "just in case". And don't even ask about how much I embarass them with my Thanksgiving towering plates, but that's their problem :)
And the most amazing part about the weekend is that we still like each other!
Post a Comment