Wednesday, June 18, 2008

First OB Visit or "Is there anything we can do to make you feel less comfortable?"

I forgot how completely uncomfortable the first OB visit is. From the little visit to the restroom, to the weigh-in (holy cow do I REALLY weigh THAT much?!) to the dreaded pap, it's just not my favorite experience.

That said, it wasn't so bad today. Jon was able to meet me at the appointment while the kids played at Grandma and Grandpa's house. I don't remember the last OB visit he was able to go to...probably Harrison's ultrasound. Usually he's on kid duty. Our doctor has a little portable ultrasound machine and we got to see our little cashew today. I was surprised how much it already looks like a baby and for a brief moment all the puking seemed like it just might be worth it. We watched its little heart beat and it wiggled a little. I guess it's already almost two inches long and in a couple weeks we'll find out for sure when we're due.

Luke was a little disappointed he didn't get to see the baby, so he might have to accompany mom on a future visit. He was also a little let down when I told him there is only one baby inside my tummy. Sorry buddy, no twins this time. I guess the Lord really does know what we can and cannot handle!

2 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

I love that you call the baby a cashew. I'm totally stealing that :)

You must have been sure you were having twins too, LOL. I know I'm wondering :)

Ryan and Ashley said...

congrats you guys that is so awesome. I am so happy for you!