We celebrated yesterday with our annual trip to the delicious Blue Boar Inn in Midway. We stayed there for our 5th and decided it would be a fun dinner tradition. We dropped the boys off with Jon's folks (Thanks Doug and Kathy!) yesterday afternoon and went for a little drive through northern Utah and ended up in Park City. We hit the Banana Republic outlet and found Jon some nice work shirts. I'm pretty sure they're 100% cotton - that would be happy 2nd anniversary! We found me some cute "I'm not looking pregnant yet, just fatter" shorts for me, and some great summery sweaters - again cotton.
We then drove to dinner and enjoyed some amazing cuisine. I think the french onion soup is the best I have ever had. And Jon got Weinerschnitzel - the REAL thing- and he said it was the best he's had in the States. They have a new chef and my filet wasn't up to what it should have been. It was good, but I should have stopped with the soup. I think I could have had two bowls. Yum.
We came home to an empty house and it felt strange to not have our little guys here with us, however, we slept great last night!
So it being our seventh, I thought it would be fun to list seven things I'm grateful for:
1. An understanding, loving, patient husband, especially while I am pregnant with my head in the toilet.
2. Our sweet little boys and the spirit they bring into our home.
3. Having family nearby - on both sides.
4. Our amazing mountains - they make any drive more beautiful.
5. Good food - yep I am still thinking about that soup.
6. That we made it through the last year - new house, leaving a great area and people, mono, pregnant, new job, no sleep, etc...
7. Being married to my very best friend no matter what.
Happy anniversary babe, I love you!
1 comment:
HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Ya'll have the same anniversary as my parents, BTW. Love ya'll!
Post a Comment