Monday, February 18, 2008

Bloom where you're stuck in a vase of water

Jon gave me flowers on the Valentine's Day - he actually did the rose thing this year. Usually he does tulips or sunflowers (my fave), but I love his choice of red roses and lilies.


I was sitting in my kitchen tonight after dinner, FHE, and a little Rockband, thinking about how much prettier the flowers have grown throughout the week. Here we are several days later and the lilies are blooming like crazy. Maybe this is a good lesson for us - to bloom wherever we are! It might take a little time, but BLOOM! I always love having fresh flowers in my house. I can't wait for my cutting garden to grow. I guess the snow better melt first and then we can worry about landscaping!

3 comments:

Megan B said...

What a good boy :) And a smart message :)

Chandra said...

Awww, does Luke feel bad for all the spit up I soaked up in my shirts from him? ha ha

Fox Family said...

Beautiful flowers! Lucky girl!