Saturday, February 23, 2008

Chili's, Rumbi, Cafe Rio, McD's...ooo the possibilities

We had quite a time figuring out dinner tonight. We were planning to meet some friends at Chili's and there ended up being an hour and a half wait, so we took off with our two hungry boys to go visit my folks in Orem. Playing with grandma and grandpa seems to always curb the hunger pangs. On the way back home, all the craziness began. We couldn't think of any type of food that really sounded like it would hit the spot and I didn't feel like putting a dinner together. Enter Rumbi - Jon's idea. He really felt like a rice bowl, but that didn't sound pleasing to my pallette. Cafe Rio, on the other hand, I could eat pretty much anytime, so I called them from my cell phone - yes I do have all the major local chains programmed in my phone. Critical for a sane mom. Anyway, their wait was just long enough that we could go pick up some Rumbi for Jon and the boys and hop across the street to get my salad. Enter McDonald's. Luke was not interested in rice, teriyaki steak, salad, chicken or anything that resembles "normal food." What he wanted was fries, and a root beer. Yes, this is the same child that sneaks fresh spinach out of the fridge and loads it up in his bowl for a snack. But, you know, sometimes you just want fries. What the heck, we were already going to get what mom and dad wanted respectively, why not add McD's? Oh and drinks are small and expensive, so why not just stop for the root beer at the grocery store in the same parking lot as the McD's? I ran into the store, grabbed some drinks and a couple snacks - shopping while I was hungry- while daddy got fries for the boys. Then Rumbi. On the way across the street it actually started smelling pretty good to me. hmmm. Then a 15 minute wait at Cafe Rio - ugh. Finally home. I almost took a picture of all the different take out and grocery bags on the bar while we were eating, but I figured there really was no need for visible evidence of our insanity.

3 comments:

Megan B said...

I laughed out loud, that's classic!

Julie Topham said...

I'm glad to know that we aren't the only ones who do this!

Hey Kat, I just made my blog private, email me since I don't have your email address anymore.

Anonymous said...

Kat,

Yes, I am a blog stalker and got your blog off of Julie's. That running around for the different food was killing me...I would have just come home and had a bowl of cereal or ice cream...LOL.