Today was one of those landmark days as a parent. I registered my big boy for kindergarten. I actually wasn't emotional; I'm sure I'll hold off on that until the day he actually goes to school. And will I cry? Maybe. Well probably. But I'm not sure. I might just be so elated that he actually is at school everyday. Now, don't take that as I am not a loving parent. I love my sweet little Lukie and it's hard watching him grow up. But it's great too. He's been asking to go to kindergarten every day since he turned five and with the structure of school, I know he will soar. He's loving preschool and if he could go everyday, he would. He's reading pretty well and doing some basic addition and it will be fabulous to have a place for all that energy. His motor skills are not quite as advanced, so we're working on his handwriting and stuff.
While I was there, I was pleasantly surprised at how many kids in the ward are going to kindergarten this year. I saw lots and lots of moms and it just makes me happy to know he's friends with many of the other kids there. I really am excited for this milestone for my little guy. I hope he enjoys it and has a great experience during these important thirteen years to come. I'm sure I'll take a million pictures of my little kindergartener and post them. Stay tuned!
4 comments:
I can't believe he will be going to kindergarten already! They do grow up so fast - don't blink!
I totally remember how you are feeling! I was so sad when Blake first went to Kindergarten and I cried the whole time he was gone. It truly goes by so fast because he is now in 5th grade and I swear I just dropped him off at kindergarten yesterday!
Kindergarten??? Woahhhhh now, Lukie is just a baby!
I am so not looking forward to the day my girls head off to the land of the unknown. I can barely prepare myself for preschool let alone kindergarten. You guys are brave! We are looking forward to the pics when the big day comes:)
Post a Comment