Friday, February 8, 2008

Elk in our backyard




Superbowl Sunday 2008 was the day the heavens poured out over 16 inches of the white stuff at our house. It was also the day we had some fun visitors behind our house. Earlier in the day, we had the special opportunity of attending Brook and Troy's blessing of their little miracle baby Kate, who they had sealed to them the day before. We drove home from Orem on some treacherous roads, but we made it and went to our own ward later. During Young Women, somene said, "Hey there's a family of elk in the field across the street from the church!" So we all looked and sure enough, there they were way out in the field, close to the Highland Highway. Later, at home I wondered if they were still out there. I looked out our back windows which look to that same field, and there they were....only much closer to our side of the street! I grabbed my camera, and took off toward the field behind our house. I didn't dare get too close, but it was pretty fun. I love living close to the mountains!

3 comments:

jennie said...

OOH! How fun! I'd be all for watching them from the window!

Megan B said...

That's crazy! Whoa!

Erica and Curtis said...

Whoa! that is cool! It is a good thing it isn't elk season for some of those Utahn's