Jon and I were finally able to make it to the temple last night and it was awesome, as always. A big thank you to my folks for watching the boys. Whenever I go, I am reminded of the scripture in Doctrine and Covenants section 109:22 that says, "And we ask thee, Holy Father, that thy servants may go forth from this house armed with thy power, and that thy name may be upon them, and thy glory be round about them, and thine angles have charge over them." What a beautiful promise for us if we just make it happen and get to the temple. Angles having charge over us, I mean does it get any better?! I've been feeling really weak spiritually lately and this helps. Life just keeps moving on, and as much as we love our new ward and our beautiful home and fantastic neighbors, I find myself missing my friends in our old neighborhood and basically just feeling sorry for myself. On the way to my folks last night, Jon and I had a really nice talk about this and some other things going on with our families. We made a concerted effort to lose ourselves in service, especially when we start feeling the pity party welling up inside. The bottom line for me is that God is in charge, not me, and everything will work out according to His purpose in my life.A funny thought though....why is it when we leave the temple, we feel instant tension!? Of course we really know why, but it's so true. We joked as we walked out that every time we go to the temple we get in a fight the next day, and I have to say we've done great today! Jon came home for lunch and the boys were cracking us both up and he said, "This is why I came home today." Isn't it our kids that make all that we do worthwhile? We are so blessed to have such great kids, even if they never sleep longer than three hours in a stretch. It's so nice how the peace of the temple spills over into our family. Why is it we don't go more often again? Besides losing ourselves in service, we're committing to temple attendance once together a month and once on our own - twice a month just isn't too often. I really do love to see the temple.
2 comments:
I'm glad to hear you haven't forgotten us over here in Kensington. :)
that was a great post, Kat! I think I need to plan a date night w/ Edson here real soon ;)
hope all is well for you guys!
xoxox
Post a Comment