After we dropped the car off, we went to our hotel to check in and to change for our "warm up" ride. There's a new La Quinta that just opened in Bloomington and it was another nice surprise. When I read that it opened in January and the rate was just right, I booked it, hoping for the best. It was really nice. The room was huge and had plenty of room for our bikes.
Unfortunately, we never actually found the trail we were looking for, but we were starting to lose daylight and figured we better get going. We rode around some four-wheeler trails that were pretty hammered and I realized I am not completely healthy yet, and I am definitely out of shape! It was beautiful though, and somewhere near 70 degrees. All three of these pictures were taken from the same spot-where we started the ride. We love St. George.After our ride, we were STARVING and Mexican sounded so good to me. We asked some locals for a recommendation and again, we were pleasantly surprised. Eat here if you're ever on St. George Blvd. looking for some authentic Mexican. Yum.
After dinner, we went back to the hotel, soaked in the hot tub for a while and went out for Neilsen's Frozen Custard for our little late night sweet. Ok it wasn't that late, and we were totally in bed by 11 and out by 11:10, but it felt late. I'd like to say that without our little non-sleepers, we slept awesome, but the damage has been done, the habit is not broken in one night. I get up at 2, 4 and 7 no matter what. Day 2 came pretty fast, but Day 1 was great.
3 comments:
Ok, now I'm in the mood for some Mexican food....
Hey, girly. It's me with my email address. gina@realgolfradio.com
Send me your email address, I love fellow bloggers.
So, I am a little behind at checking your blog and I had about 10 posts to catch up on. You do a great job of keeping it up! St. George looks beautiful! I'm so happy that you guys had a weekend away. I hope the biking was fun!
Post a Comment