Saturday, April 5, 2008

BYU Alumni Day

My Dad played tight end for the Cougars 1963-67 and this year he invited the boys to Alumni Day at BYU. Luke was very excited and insisted he wear his Denver Broncos sweatshirt because he wants to play for them like Grandpa. I did have to explain to him that he will have to play college ball first and BYU is a great place to play. I ended up going to part of the festivities and it was fun wandering around the field and the stadium. I even ran into some old friends who played while I was at the "Y."
Luke and Grandpa stayed to watch the team practice and Jon (yep, my Ute came), Harry and I met them for a BBQ last night. During practice, Luke ran to the top of the stadium twice. (He slept GREAT last night btw.) At the BBQ, Luke was very shy, but he met some players past and present. He even met LaVell Edwards, who told Luke that Grandpa played for him in high school. It was a lot of fun and we really enjoyed seeing Grandpa in his element.



5 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

What a fun, fun experience!

Gina Taylor said...

Coooool! That looks like so much fun, I want to go next year? Lucky boys! Really cool about your dad, I did not know that.

Karolyn said...

Scott just got REALLY excited when he realized that your Dad played BYU football! He's a BYU sports junky! This post made us miss BYU!!!

Scott & Karolyn

am and fm said...

That looks like every little boys dream! How lucky:)

Cassandra Barney said...

That is so cute.