I know I just did this a few days ago, and ironically my friend Rachel tagged me the same day. I thought it would be fun to do hers too. And then, like another dear friend of mine, I think I will retire from the tagging world. ;) Rachel's had a special draw to me because it's all about 8's and that's my number. 8 is GREAT! Here goes:
8 things I am passionate about:
1. My family
2. The Church
3. My friends
4. The young women I work with
5. getting/staying fit
6. Photography
7. Making the house nice for my family
8. Disneyland
8 songs I can listen to and never get sick of:
1. Melodramma - Andrea Bocelli
2. Music Sounds Better with You - Stardust
3. The Way I Am - Ingrid Michaelson (also her "Keep Breathing" - LOVE IT)
4. Apologize - OneRepublic
5. List of Demands (it's that song on the Nike Sparq Training commercials - great running song)
6. Thank You - Dido
7. Anything by Sting
8. Anything by Coldplay
The past 8 books I have read:
1. Book of Mormon
2. Twilight
3. New Moon
4. Eclipse
5. Sink Reflections - Marla Cilley
6. Harry Potter book 7—J.K. Rowling
7. God Wants a Powerful People - Sherri Dew
8. East of Eden- John Steinbeck (currently reading)
8 things I often say:
1. PLEASE would you just GO TO SLEEP?! (you know how my kids sleep)
2. All I want is respect, do you know what that means?
3. Why am I so tired?
4. What should I make for dinner?
5. Hey buddy! (Luke's daily greeting.)
6. How many points do you think this has?
7. Please close the fridge. (to Luke and often self-directed)
8. I love you.
8 things that attract me to a friend:
1. You can go awhile without talking and when you do it's like no time passed.
2. Good listener AND talker
3. Shares interests/beliefs
4. Not gossip-ish
5. FUN
6. Positive, not always grumpy and negative - I think Swog called this a "Debbie Downer" from SNL!
7. Similar parenting style
8. Isn't afraid to ask me for help - what are friends for, right?
8 random things about me:
1. I polish my granite like 5 times a day...
2. ...but I HATE doing dishes.
3. I love the smell of fresh-cut grass.
4. I never had allergies until after I moved back to Utah from San Fran.
5. I gave myself my middle name when I was little and got it legally for my 17th birthday.
6. I'm really good at doing the laundry, but not so good at folding it and getting it put away.
7. I still try to read my scriptures in Russian, although my speaking is getting SO bad.
8. I am all about inertia - once I get moving, I get so much more done.
8 things I want to do before I die:
1. Go to Europe and Tahiti with Jon (two separate trips of course!)
2. Have a baby girl
3. Support missionaries that can't afford to go
4. Finish my yard (or at least start)
5. Go to all my kids' temple sealings
6. Serve a mission with Jon
7. Own a second home in St. George or somewhere else that isn't a freezing tundra
8. Write my personal history
8 things I have learned this past year:
1. Change can be hard, but it can also be good.
2. I really do love having Ikea here as much as I thought I would.
3. Building your third house is no easier than building your first.
4. There is always time to do the housework but the kids are only little once.
5. Now that Mom is retired - I'm really learning Photoshop.
6. Rockband is a totally acceptable date night for me and Jon.
7. Digital scrapbooking is FUN and rewarding.
8. Working in Young Women is more than a Sunday/Tuesday job.
The 8 people I want to do the 8's:
All the girls in the new neighborhood...(Amy, Angi, Cherry, Danielle, Elissa, Gina, Jessica)
2 comments:
I love it--- and it made me realize that I think I know you pretty well--that makes me happy! You are a true and great friend!
This was fun to read. No surprises... but fun.
What a nice "snapshot" for your personal history. If you continue to get tagged every five years, you'll have a pretty good record of how you've changed and how you've stayed the same.
Keep up the list of favorites for the boys. The lists and the boys are adorable!
Post a Comment