Thursday, April 10, 2008

Sleepy I love you's

Jon is working late tonight and I just returned home from a fabulous stake young women's training to two very sleepy boys -thanks to Grandpa, for watching and wearing them out. I think this was the most successful bedtime in our little family's history. The boys were itching to get upstairs and into their jammies, Luke had already visited the bathroom, and within seconds of getting upstairs, both boys were changed and standing by the sink waiting to brush their teeth. They both cooperated for prayers and didn't even ask for the usual stories or songs. They did find one thing, however, to keep themselves awake for a few more minutes - would you ever expect my kids to not fight sleep? Seriously. Anyway, they kept saying "I love you" and "I love you too" to each other and to me what felt like hundreds of times. Finally, Harry was starting to teeter on the verge of consciousness, and as he drifted, a faint "I uh you too, mama n yukie" was his last utterance. I kissed him on the forehead, and he smiled a little peaceful smile that told me tomorrow will be a better day and if the boys didn't learn anything from me today, at least they know I love them.

4 comments:

am and fm said...

So beautiful...isn't it those little moments that just make everything we do worth it at those times we may feel overwhelmed. There is nothing like being a mother!

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet, Kat...what a great way to end a day. Keep 'em coming...

Gina Taylor said...

That is so precious. Don't you love moments like that. Moments you will never forget as a mother. It makes everything all worth it.

D MONKEY said...

I am just glad they went to bed for you!! We should celebrate! They are darling and it is good to know that at the end of the day our kids still love us!