Saturday, April 12, 2008

Real Salt Lake has a New Fan

Our ex-pro soccer player/accountant gave us tickets to the Real Salt Lake game tonight so Jon took Luke. Unfortunately, we crossed wires on the camera, so I don't have any great shots of RSL's newest 5-year-old fan. To be perfectly honest, I'm sure Dad and Luke were relieved to get away from camera happy Mom! They had a blast and I think the whole family will be going to some future games - my vote is David Beckham and the LA Galaxy. Need I say more? Maybe Sporty Spice will even be there. And if you were interested, RSL beat DC United 4-zip.

While Luke was enjoying his cotton candy and Bug Juice, learning the game of soccer, Harry and I had some fun of our own at Cabela's and Ikea. Could I have chosen two more different stores?! We looked at ALL the animals at Cabela's and he said hi to everything; he especially liked the elk. When we looked at the fish, I put him on the ledge by the tank and a BIG yucky fish came and swam eye-to-eye with him and he freaked out. So I spent twenty more minutes in the aquarium trying to convince him these are nice fishies and they won't eat him.

Ikea was much easier. We just wandered. I love that place and I always get inspired to do something artistic, fun, and modern in my house. My wish list is ever growing and it's fun to just go hang out there. We shared a hot dog and a soda and as we walked out, Harry said, "Bye IKEA, luv you." He's definitely my little buddy!

1 comment:

Lorelie Andrus said...

What a fun night for all of you!
I'm glad to see the "IKEA gene" has made it to the next generation. Going there is sort of like a mini vacation. We all luv IKEA!