It was amazing to participate in the Solemn Assembly today as we sustained our new prophet, President Thomas S. Monson and the new First Presidency. I stood in my kitchen and raised my hand with the rest of the sisters of the Church and then again with the entire membership. I felt a surge of power as I knew millions of other members of the church were doing exactly what I was, and at the same time.
4 comments:
I just love this picture
Aren't we just so blessed? That solemn assembly really was so special!
That really was such a neat experience...I agree.
I felt the same in my living room! At first I was disappointed not to be in the Stake Centre, yet I was able to feel the power of the sustaining in my home. How amazing that my home can witness such a spiritual milestone (being as it is supposed to be next to the temple). Also, isn't it amazing that we can feel the Spirit in the quiet, solitary moments and that it is not dependent on the rush of emotion in a big crowd. I loved it. It was the first solemn assembly I've witnessed!
Post a Comment