Friday, April 18, 2008

Happy Mother's Day to Me!



A Mother's Day retreat in April? Actually this was for last year...Jon gave me a gift certificate and has been trying to get me to use it for the last 11 months. I finally found some time to do it and I spent two and a half hours at the Sego Lily Day Spa yesterday. It was wonderful and as a major novice in the world of "spa," I think the treatments I chose were perfect.

I did the "Ultimate Body Cure" (An invigorating cucumber scrub, cucumber face mask, aromatherapy scalp massage and hair treatment with a 30 minute full body massage) and the "Detoxifying Foot Bath" (Re-balance and re-energize as this revolutionary treatment stimulates your entire body through your feet's 4000 pores). They were great, especially the massage for the silly mom who finds herself falling down the stairs more than she cares to admit. The foot detox was admitedly a little gross. Here's some info from a website I found:

"During the 30 minute session the Aqua Detox system creates millions of ions that enter your body through the feet and begin to neutralize tissue acid wastes. This enables the body to rebalance its natural electrical energy system. " The water turns some nasty colors depending on what parts of your body hold toxins - mine was mostly orange, which is joints - no surprise. Honestly, I'm not so sure the skin can excrete toxins and that ions can enter your feet and do all that, but it was interesting and relaxing to have a half-hour footbath nonetheless.

My favorite part of the whole experience was relaxing in the meditation room and steam room before and after my treatments. There were no little voices beckoning me to do things for them, no dirty diapers to change, no meals to make or clean up, and for the afternoon, all the unfinished projects I have at home just disappeared. Thank you sweetie for such a relaxing afternoon!

4 comments:

Megan B ♥ said...

Ooooooooh, BABY!!!! That sounds DIVINE!!!!! Wonder what you're getting THIS year :)

Kat said...

nuthin'. :)

am and fm said...

That is awesome! I have always dreamed of such a day:) Good for you!

Chandra said...

My best friend works there! Her name is Liz and she has magic hands. I went there last year and I could have stayed there for the rest of my life! It was sooo nice!